- 4 x National Road Time Trial Champion
- 2013 Road Race National Champion
- 2011 Team Pursuit World Champion
- U/23 World Road Time Trail Champion
- 2010 Commonwealth Games Bronze Medal, Road Time Trail
Luke has been an integral member of the Mitchelton-Scott Cycling Team since 2012 and in the same year won the prologue of the Criterium du Dauphine beating Bradley Wiggins and Tony Martin. He has become one of the most versatile road cyclists in the sport often seen playing his part as a 'super domestic' in the Grand Tours or driving a breakaway.