Tokyo Olympics Silver Medalist
- Silver Medalist 400m Freestyle Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Gold Medalist 1500m Freestyle 2018 Commonwealth Games
- Silver Medalist 400m Freestyle 2018 Commonwealth Games
- Gold Medallist 400m Freestyle 2018 Pan Pacific Championships
- Bronze Medallist 800m Freestyle 2018 Pan Pacific Championships
With an early taste of Olympic Glory at the 2013 Australian Youth Olympic Festival, Jack McLoughlin is on his way to become a dual Olympian. Jack's Olympic debut came in 2016 after smashing his personal best time in the 1500m freestyle at the Olympic trials. The astute athlete created a unique metronome to pace his stroke rate in training and also listened to it religiously outside of the pool. With the metronome lodged into Jack's subconscious it was a matter of sticking to the pace during his race. Jack narrowly missed the finals, finishing 9th overall.
2018, saw Jack secure a barrage of medals whilst competing at the Pan Pacific Championships and Commonwealth Games. The medal haul from the events included two gold, one silver and two bronze. The following year, Jack continued to make his mark on the international stage with a gold medal in the 4x200m relay, 4th in the 800m and 6th in the 400m at the World Championships in South Korea. Fast forward to 2021 and Jack is on his way to Tokyo after qualifying in the 400m, 800m & 1500m.
Follow Jack on Instagram @jackmcloughlin